Aberdeen Home Care, Inc. values the trust you place in us when you provide us with your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting it.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for AberdeenHomeCareInc.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
5. How Aberdeen Home Care, Inc. maintains HIPAA compliance.
6. That we are not responsible for the content or privacy of other sites we link to in our Blog.
8. How we communicate Policy Notice changes.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Email Capture: We offer several free Informational Resources, available for download. In order to download the material as a PDF, we ask that you enter your name and email address. No other personal information is requested. You have the choice to enter your information and download the resource, or you can simply choose not to download the resource. Again, we will not sell or rent your information to anyone.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION OF ANY KIND. WE DO NOT COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANY PERSON WE ACTUALLY KNOW IS AN INDIVIDUAL UNDER THE AGE OF 13.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, we do our best to protect your information both online and offline. However, please remember to never send your credit card number, social security number, or personal passwords through unsecured email. Unfortunately, no online data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as, when you submit any personal information about your elder loved one via the Contact Us Page) that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we do our best to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our Nurse Case Managers) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/files in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The Aberdeen Team is trained and committed to HIPAA compliance.
We are committed to keeping your information private by:
- Teaching the people who work for us how your information may and may not be used and shared,
- Taking appropriate and reasonable steps to keep your health information secure.
To make sure that your information is protected in a way that does not interfere with your home health care, your information can be used and shared, after we obtain a signed HIPAA Privacy Authorization Form from you:
- For your treatment and care coordination,
- With your Long-Term Care Insurance company if we are submitting on your behalf,
- With your family, relatives, friends or others you identify who are involved with your home health care or your home health care bills, unless you object,
- To make required reports to the police or elder protective services.
Your health information cannot be used or shared without your written permission unless the law allows it.
The Blog section of our website may contain links to other sites, mainly for the purpose of education. While we will not link to sites that we know to be malicious, please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We may use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can enable us to track traffic date, and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Automated technology may be used to collect general non-personal information and, in some cases, IP addresses, to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on our site, etc.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Aberdeen Home Care, Inc. will occasionally update this Privacy Notice. You can determine when the Privacy Notice was last updated by looking at the “last update” date at the top of the policy. If there are material and substantial changes to this Privacy Notice, we will note these changes through a prominent notice on the site.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY. BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.